The business unit “Port Repair & On Voyage Services”, short PROVS, is providing global operating shipping lines and managers professional ship repair services while the vessel is at anchorage, in port, off port drifting and/or on voyage in the Persian Gulf, the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean. The vessel is not coming to the shipyard but we literally bring the shipyard to the vessel, wherever needed.
Especially on voyage repair services create the environment in which a customer and PROVS can concentrate on the business they are specialized in: Undisturbed revenue earning in shipping by the customer and servicing of premium ship repairs by PROVS. For the on voyage services, PROVS riding squads embark the vessel at the port of customer’s choice and re-embark after all works have been finished to the satisfaction of the customer/his crew, wherever that port will be, presumed that all visa matters has been cleared in advance.
By combining resources in an appropriate package customers and PROVS can reap the benefits of lower repair costs and around-the-clock repair availability. PROVS will respond to the customer’s request with a professional solution by offering above and below water line repair services, always facing the reduction of a vessel's downtime.
As part of the Asyad Drydock, PROVS will provide extensive experience in planning, managing and realizing ship repairs in the port of Sohar and Salalah, as well as all other officially declared berths and anchorage places along the coastline of the Sultanate of Oman.
Services provided by PROVS:
- Ship Repair Services alongside, afloat and on voyage
- Distress and emergency repairs and refurbishment after collisions, groundings or fire
- Mobile/Flying Squads for Inspections and Repairs on Voyage or off port drifting the Oman coastline
- In water surveys and repairs with experienced and certified industrial diving team
- Steel repairs iwo hull, tanks engine room
- Pipe repairs and renewal
- Air condition services and repairs
- Main and auxiliary engine repairs and installation
- Propeller and rudder repairs
- Hull and Tank treatment
- Mechanical and Turbo Charger Repairs
- Pipe Repairs
- Repair of Electrical Instruments, Electric Motors/Generators
- Calibration of Pressure (0 to 2000 bar), Vacuum (-0.5 bar) and Temperature Gauges (0° to 600°C)
- Internal Cleaning of Accommodation/Deckhouse
- Cleaning of Contaminated Decks during Voyage
- Services on Life Saving Equipment e.g. Life Rafts, Breathing Apparatus and Fire Extinguisher
- Non Destructive Testing / Measurements