PORTS AND FREE ZONES
ASYAD Group include three deep-water ports and three free zones - all supported by Oman’s five airports, a planned new USD 20 billion rail network and a USD 10 billion world-class road network providing gateway distribution capabilities across the Sultanate and the wider Middle East.
The modern, technologically advanced ports of Salalah, Sohar and Duqm are unrivalled in their connectivity - strategically located within two weeks sail of all major global ports, and benefitting from rapid access to the growing Middle East, Indian and East-African markets.
Together, the ports run 200 weekly maritime services to 86 commercial ports across more than 40 countries providing a vast network for clients to make cost and time savings.
ASYAD’s ports work closely with the expanding free zones providing importers with significant benefits across the logistics sector. The existing free zones in Salalah and Sohar are soon to be joined by a third in Khazaen Economic City – situated near Barka, just outside Oman’s capital city Muscat.Read about our ports
ADVANTAGES AND INCENTIVES
1. 100% foreign ownership
2. 0% import and re-export duties
3. 0% personal income tax for employees
4. Each free zone benefits from dedicated sector-specific zones and clusters
5. Unique infrastructure needs of individual industries, while allowing for greater business-matching opportunities across the value chain
6. Free trade agreements with US, Singapore, Europe and the GCC
7. Newly developed facilities including offices, warehouses, and retail outlets in close proximity of ASYAD’s ports - ensuring seamless movement of goods via the Sultanate’s integrated world-class transport network
8. Oman`s political stability, neutral regional relations, unrestricted regional access and a USD 26 billion investment in new air, maritime, rail and road infrastructureRead why Oman