General Manager Projects
The Project Management Office (PMO) is an OMAN based Project Management and Construction Management consultancy business unit with interests across Oman. The PMO provides program management, project management, engineering management and construction management consulting services.
The PMO is seeking to employ a HSQE Manager with specific responsibility for directing, leading and supporting strategic Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental activities at all PMO projects across the Sultanate of Oman.
- Professional Head of Assurance covering Health, Safety, Quality and Environment for the company, developing HSQE objectives to feed into the business planning process and providing HSQE resource support to company operations and project activities.
- Interpretation of legislation and industry standards and the development of appropriate control systems. Overall responsibility for maintaining approvals to international standards held by the PMO.
- Establish and maintain ISO standard PMO quality management and safety management systems so that processes are in place to enable the safe delivery of all projects.
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures for audit to ensure the business has adequate processes for compliance and management of all quality and safety related matters.
- Work with all teams to ensure responsibility for activities and associated HSQE standards and processes is embedded and carried out.
- Develop, and monitor compliance with, standards and procedures for ensuring the fitness of employees to work safely, including drugs, alcohol and fatigue.
- Maintain KPI’s on HSQE performance and produce management reports to analyse trends and recommend improvements.
- Coordinate systems to ensure effective consultation and communication on HSQE policies, processes and improvement programmes.
- Meet Key Performance Indicators per the targets agreed with the General Manager Projects.
- Manage the HSQE team, ensuring the team is performing to a satisfactory standard and within the allocated budget.
- Plays an active role in the development and implementation of the Safety Management System and Competence Management System requirements within their Department and provides the leadership to ensure that contents of Environment, Quality, Health and Safety and Information Security policy statements are known and understood by their staff.
- Provides input into the development of the Health and Safety, Quality, Environment and Information Security policy statements.
- Exercises a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions, and promote the same within their area of responsibility.
- Ensures that a good HSQE and Information Security culture is promoted within their departments and among their peers.
- Leads by example and ensures that ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimize the generation of waste are identified and responded to within their area of responsibility.
- Protects information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental.
- Promotes a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their departments and peers.
- Conducts regular reviews of HSQE and Information Security performance within their department and seeks ways to continually improve.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A degree holder in a relevant discipline.
- Hold a recognized qualification in quality and/or safety management such as NEBOSH or IOSH.
- Minimum 10 years experience in the field of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management in the built environment.
- Understanding of recognized standards for Occupational Health and Safety (e.g. OHSAS 18001), Quality (e.g. ISO 9001 and ISO 14001), Fire (e.g. NFPA 130), Security and Environment.
- Thorough understanding of local and international HSQE regulations.
Skills, and Knowledge
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the technical/professional knowledge required to successfully perform job duties.
- Interpersonal Skills: Adheres to the PMO’s Standard of Conduct. Reliable, trustworthy and persistent. Proficient in English, speaking, writing and listening.
- Initiative and creativity: Ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of work and makes suggestions for improvement. Possesses a flexible approach to work.
- Leadership: Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct others in accomplishing work. Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Planning and Organizing: Possesses the capability to plan and organize the day to day tasks and activities. Skilled in organizing, prioritizing and scheduling their workflow.
- Job Knowledge: Keen attention to detail.
High Quality of Work: Responsible attitude.
High Productivity: Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
Judgment: Decisions are based on sound, logical assumptions and reflect factual information and the available resources. Able to work well under pressure.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Sunday 17 February 2019.