OR – 0045 - HSQE Manager
The Project Management Office (PMO) is an OMAN based Project Management and Construction Management consultancy business unit with interests across Oman. The PMO provides program management, project management, engineering management and construction management consulting services.
The PMO is seeking to employ a HSQE Manager with specific responsibility for directing, leading and supporting strategic Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental activities at all PMO projects across the Sultanate of Oman.
- Professional Head of Assurance covering Health, Safety, Quality and Environment for the company, developing HSQE objectives to feed into the business planning process and providing HSQE resource support to company operations and project activities.
- Interpretation of legislation and industry standards and the development of appropriate control systems. Overall responsibility for maintaining approvals to international standards held by the PMO.
- Establish and maintain ISO standard PMO quality management and safety management systems so that processes are in place to enable the safe delivery of all projects.
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures for audit to ensure the business has adequate processes for compliance and management of all quality and safety related matters.
- Work with all teams to ensure responsibility for activities and associated HSQE standards and processes is embedded and carried out.
- Develop, and monitor compliance with, standards and procedures for ensuring the fitness of employees to work safely, including drugs, alcohol and fatigue.
- Maintain KPI’s on HSQE performance and produce management reports to analyse trends and recommend improvements.
- Coordinate systems to ensure effective consultation and communication on HSQE policies, processes and improvement programmes.
- Meet Key Performance Indicators per the targets agreed with the General Manager Projects.
- Manage the HSQE team, ensuring the team is performing to a satisfactory standard and within the allocated budget.
- Plays an active role in the development and implementation of the Safety Management System and Competence Management System requirements within their Department and provides the leadership to ensure that contents of Environment, Quality, Health and Safety and Information Security policy statements are known and understood by their staff.
- Provides input into the development of the Health and Safety, Quality, Environment and Information Security policy statements.
- Exercises a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions, and promote the same within their area of responsibility.
- Ensures that a good HSQE and Information Security culture is promoted within their departments and among their peers.
- Leads by example and ensures that ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimize the generation of waste are identified and responded to within their area of responsibility.
- Protects information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental.
- Promotes a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their departments and peers.
- Conducts regular reviews of HSQE and Information Security performance within their department and seeks ways to continually improve.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A degree holder in a relevant discipline.
- Hold a recognized qualification in quality and/or safety management such as NEBOSH or IOSH.
- Minimum 10 years experience in the field of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management in the built environment.
- Understanding of recognized standards for Occupational Health and Safety (e.g. OHSAS 18001), Quality (e.g. ISO 9001 and ISO 14001), Fire (e.g. NFPA 130), Security and Environment.
- Thorough understanding of local and international HSQE regulations.
Skills, and Knowledge
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the technical/professional knowledge required to successfully perform job duties.
- Interpersonal Skills: Adheres to the PMO’s Standard of Conduct. Reliable, trustworthy and persistent. Proficient in English, speaking, writing and listening.
- Initiative and creativity: Ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of work and makes suggestions for improvement. Possesses a flexible approach to work.
- Leadership: Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct others in accomplishing work. Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Planning and Organizing: Possesses the capability to plan and organize the day to day tasks and activities. Skilled in organizing, prioritizing and scheduling their workflow.
- Job Knowledge: Keen attention to detail.
High Quality of Work: Responsible attitude.
High Productivity: Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
Judgment: Decisions are based on sound, logical assumptions and reflect factual information and the available resources. Able to work well under pressure.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Sunday 17 February 2019.
Wilhelmsen Towell Co: Duqm
Visakh K. V Wilhelmsen Towell Co.(LLC) Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS) Mobile: +96896331408Read more
Oman Rail Company, part of Asyad Group, was founded to develop the national railway network. The network will connect Oman’s three deep-sea ports to the industrial, commercial, and residential areas, opening new trade corridors to boost the economic development in Oman and the GCC region.Read more
Port Sultan Qaboos
Port Sultan Qaboos (PSQ) is situated in the Gulf of Oman at the entrance to the Arabian Gulf. The port is 350 kilometers to the south of the Straits of Hormuz and close to main shipping routes connecting the Middle East with Africa, Asia and Europe.Read more
Clive Figueiredo Barwil Dubai (LLC) : Dubai
Clive Figueiredo Barwil Dubai (LLC) Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS)Read more
AS ASYAD GROUP CONTINUES TO PLAY A LEADING ROLE IN NURTURING A COMPETITIVE LOGISTICS SECTOR OMAN’S MAJOR PORTS AND FREE ZONES SEE MOMENTOUS COMMERCIAL AND OPERATIONAL GROWTH IN 2022
Asyad Group, Oman’s flagship integrated logistics provider, has announced momentous operational growth in the Sultanate's free zones and major ports of Salalah, Sohar and Duqm during 2022.Read more
ASYAD GROUP AND THE ENVIRONMENT SOCIETY OF OMAN LAUNCH INSIGHTFUL LECTURE SERIES ON CLIMATE CHANGE
Asyad Group and the Environment Society of Oman (ESO) have joined forces to launch an insightful series of lectures that shed light on the challenges facing Oman in its fight to tackle climate change.Read more
ASYAD LINE BOLSTERS SHIPPING CAPABILITIES TO MEET GLOBAL DEMAND: NEW ENVIRONMENT-FRIENDLY VESSEL AND WEEKLY OPERATION OF THE INDIA EXPRESS SERVICE
Asyad Line, part of Asyad Group, announced two new additions to its maritime and shipping capabilities, a brand-new vessel added to its sizeable commercial fleet and an increase in the frequency of oneRead more
OMAN POST PROPELS OMAN TO TOP INTERNATIONAL RANKING FOR EXPRESS MAIL SERVICE PERFORMANCE
Oman Post, part of Asyad Group, has secured Oman the top spot among the 190 member countries of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) through its exceptional Express Mail Service (EMS) performance in 2022.Read more
OMAN AND ETIHAD RAIL COMPANY INVITES LOCAL PRIVATE COMPANIES TO PREQUALIFICATION FOR OMAN-UAE RAILWAY
Oman-Etihad Rail Company (OERC) has invited local companies specialized in implementing infrastructure projects to submit prequalification bids to tender for the Oman-UAE railway network project by March 27, 2023Read more
ASYAD GROUP SHOWCASES INNOVATIVE SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVES AS OMAN SUSTAINABILITY WEEK’S STRATEGIC PARTNER
Asyad Group participated in Oman Sustainability Week (OSW) as a Strategic Partner of the Sultanate’s most prominent sustainability event which took place on March 12 to 16 at the Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre (OCEC).Read more
Investing in the future of Oman's Homegrown Talent ASYAD GROUP CELEBRATES GRADUATES OF DUQM INDUSTRIAL TRAINING INSTITUTE
As part of its ongoing efforts to qualify and train national cadres, Asyad Drydock, part of Asyad Group, celebrated the graduation of trainees from Duqm Industrial Training Institute (DITI) todayRead more
ASYAD GROUP CO HOSTS ITOSF MEETING FOCUSED ON CREW SAFETY AND WELLBEING
Asyad Group, represented by its shipping arm Asyad Shipping, cohosted the Informal Tanker Operators’ Safety Forum’s (ITOSF) 164th meeting, alongside NYK Group, on February 22 and 23 at the Kempinski Hotel, Muscat.Read more
REITERATING ITS STRATEGY TO PARTNER WITH THE PRIVATE SECTOR AS A KEY ENABLER IN THE GROUP’S GROWTH PLANS, Asyad Signs Partnership with GBM Oman to Develop All-New ERP System
Asyad Group has signed an agreement with Gulf Business Machines (GBM Oman), a leading Omani digital solutions provider, to develop an enterprise resource planning (ERP) systemRead more
ASYAD GROUP TO PRESENT ITS JOURNEY IN BUILDING A UNIFIED CULTURE AT THE 6TH ANNUAL OSHRM CONFERENCERead more
ASYAD GROUP INAUGURATES PHILEX PHARMACEUTICAL FACTORY AT ITS FREE ZONE IN SALALAH
Salalah Free Zone (SFZ), part of Asyad Group, announced the inauguration of Phase I of Phelix Pharmaceutical’s new factory on 25th January 2022.Read more
ASYAD GROUP SIGNS DEAL FOR TWO STATE-OF-THE-ART LNG CARRIERS BOLSTERING ITS FLEET TO MEET GROWING GLOBAL ENERGY DEMAND
Asyad Shipping, part of Asyad Group Oman’s global integrated logistics service provider, signed an agreement with Korean first-class shipyard Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries to build and deliver two state-of-the-art 5th generation liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers in 2026.Read more
ASYAD SHIPPING SIGNS DEAL FOR TWO STATE-OF-THE-ART LNG CARRIERS BOLSTERING ITS FLEET TO MEET GROWING GLOBAL ENERGY DEMAND
Asyad Shipping, part of Asyad Group Oman’s global integrated logistics service provider, signed an agreement with Korean first-class shipyard Hyundai SamhoRead more
Demonstrating its Global Leadership ASYAD GROUP LAUNCHES "DATA LAKE" TO PROMOTE DATA-DRIVEN COMPETITIVENESS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH NATIONAL STARTUPS
Asyad Group launched Data Lake as its latest digital ecosystem project that falls within its strategy to equip Asyad with empirical insights on current and future operational, markets and customer trends.Read more
ASYAD GROUP JOINS WORLD LEADERS AT REUTERS NEXT AS A TRADE PARTNER TO SHAPE A ROBUST FUTURE FOR LOGISTICS
As a Trade Partner of the global event, Asyad Group will take part in the highly anticipated Reuters NEXT global leadership summit to be held on November 30 and January 1, 2022, in New York.Read more