Ports Operation Director
Ports & Free Zone Cluster
- Manage the development and implementation of relevant market intelligence repository for the Free Zones within the defined geographical and commercial catchment area.
- Manage and participate in the implementation of a data driven and fact based operational excellent strategy for ASYAD Ports interests both domestically and international
- Support the Director Ports Operation in the definition and implementation of ASYAD Strategy Delivery Programme for Ports.
- Contribute to the development of ASYAD Domestic Ports Master Plan.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ASYAD Ports Operational Excellence initiatives and benchmarking.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ASYAD HSSE initiatives for Domestic Ports.
- Participate in the development of Network Costing Analysis.
- Support the execution and delivery of ASYAD Growth Strategy for Domestic Ports and International expansion.
- Participate in the development of the network costing analysis to calculate current cost-to-serve and profitability by business line for each of ASYAD’s ports.
- Participate in the development of Strategic and Commercial Delivery plans to deliver growth targets as defined within the agreed ASYAD Ports Strategy Delivery Programme
- Support and participate in assigned projects and initiative charters within the ASYAD Ports Strategy Delivery Program related to Operational Excellence and external benchmarking
- Delivery of the agreed initiative charters as per approved Programm schedule and as assigned y the Director Ports operations
- Participate in the development and delivery of Domestic Ports Masterplans.
- Identify and develop data and market intelligence requirements to support implementation of operational intelligence repository to enable competitive benchmarking and continuous operational excellent improvements
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any related subject
- Masters / MBA or other relevant post-graduate is an advantage.
- Professional qualification, certification and/or membership in relevant transport, Ports and Free zones and logistics professional bodies is an advantage.
- LEAN/Six Sigma certification at minimum Green Belt level would be an advantage.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including commercial and business strategy positions in ports, terminals or shipping lines industry.
- 3+ years experience in an operation, process excellence and/or terminal management function.
- Minimum 5 years working experience with direct exposure to Ports, Terminals and/or Liner shipping commercial and customer.
Processes and Procedures:
- Demonstrable experience in successfully implementing significant organisation change in an international environment.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing structured processes and successful delivery of projects including but not limited to governance structures ensuring sustainability of results.
- Tact and persuasion
- Enthusiasm and optimism
- Disciplined approach
- Hands On Approach
- Team player
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Sunday 17 February 2019.