Report to: Chief Finance Officer
To assist CFO to design and implement an effective risk management strategy, framework, policy and processes across ASYAD, and to support the ongoing monitoring of compliance of the Group and its operating companies to the same, in order to protect ASYAD from loss of assets, claims and other forms of risk.
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Develop and direct the implementation of the divisional strategy ensuring alignment to the unit strategy, ASYAD’s vision, mission and corporate objectives.
- Ensure the provision of subject matter expertise for the assigned domain and provide counsel to ASYAD leadership on all related areas to facilitate the achievement of ASYAD’s strategy and divisional strategies.
Budgeting and Financial Performance
- Oversee the consolidation and recommend the divisional budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs / revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance, and potential areas of cost reduction or performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
Process, procedure and systems:
- Develop and lead the maintenance and implementation of the divisional policies, systems, processes, procedures and controls which meet the requirements of the Group’s Risk Management Framework. And cover all areas of assigned function so that all relevant procedural / legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service in a consistent manner.
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIP
- Chief Finance Office
- Management Committee
- Cluster Leader
- Corporate function
- CFOs and executives in charge of risk management and compliance in the Group operating companies.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or any related subject.
- MBA from a top business school is preferre.
- Professional qualification / certification from related professional body (e.g. Professional Risk Manager (PRMTM) or RIMS-CRMP) is preferre.
- 10 -12 years of relevant finance, audit and / or risk management experience.
- Good knowledge of transport and logistics industry.
- Experience in Middle East is preferred.
- Business knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Excellent analytical skills (focus on strategic and conceptual thinking).
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation).
- Strong project management skills (including change management).
- Strong people development skills (management, coaching and mentoring.
- General computer literacy (Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is mandatory.
- Fluent English language is mandatory.
- Arabic language is preferred.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Sunday 17 February 2019.