Chief Freight Officer
To direct and manage business development activities to increase ASYAD Cluster performance and profitability, identifying and developing new business opportunities, building and expanding the presence of the company and its brand both locally and internationally in accordance with the organizational strategy.
Divisional Strategy Development and Implementation:
- Develop and direct the implementation of the divisional strategy ensuring alignment to the unit strategy, ASYAD’s vision, mission and corporate objectives.
- Ensure the provision of subject matter expertise for the assigned domain and provide counsel to ASYAD leadership on all related areas to facilitate the achievement of ASYAD’s strategy and divisional strategies.
- Manage the achievement of divisional objectives through effective leadership and by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating the team to maximize performance in achieving divisional objectives.
- Lead the talent development initiatives for the assigned division, collaborating with discipline experts and thereby ensure the availability of talent to fit business requirements.
- Contribute to recruiting, developing and retaining people in the team with outstanding skills, qualifications and potential.
- Provide guidance to the team in driving the business’s key strategic initiatives on various business projects.
- Coordinate and manage the workload of the team in respect of timelines of planning cycles.
Cluster Business Development:
Cluster Performance Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Bring to market ASYADs Cluster value propositions, working cross functionally to develop Cluster value propositions and collaborate with multiple cross functional groups in bringing them to market.
- Provide input into and make recommendations on the articulation and development of viable market penetration and market share acquisition frameworks and strategies for the Cluster.
- Work cross functionally to develop, plan and implement effective Cluster specific initiatives to stimulate the performance and profitability among existing operating companies as well as attract / acquire new businesses, partnerships and joint ventures, maximising overall Cluster penetration, growth and profitability.
- Liaise with the Marketing and Communications function to define effective channels for communicating defined/approved initiatives aimed at creating awareness in the Cluster market.
- Work with the Chief Cluster Officer and operating company senior management to influence, coordinate and collaborate with the CEOs of potential Joint Ventures and associate investments.
- Propose market research areas aimed at tracking new markets and emerging trends and acquiring intelligence on the opportunities for business development within the Cluster.
- Provide market feedback to the Cluster Chief regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and product / service development ideas.
- Work with the Chief Cluster Officer, as needed, to support the commercial leadership of the operating companies in preparing and negotiating commercial proposals, bids, and offers, and in growing the relationship with major accounts.
- Support the operating companies with planning and implementing business plans to penetrate new markets in line with ASYADs corporate marketing strategies.
- Participate in the evaluation of new opportunities to ensure resources focus on the best opportunities, in line with the Cluster strategy.
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices and make recommendations to the Chief Cluster Officer on how this impacts the Cluster’s role.
- Collect, record and analyse data relating to Cluster business development activities to support the performance monitoring and evaluation of the Cluster against planned strategies and operational target.
- Contribute towards the regular review of Cluster objectives and uncertainties, making sure they align with the latest developments within technological, regulatory and financial environments and report to stakeholders.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures:
- Develop and lead the implementation of the divisional policies, systems, processes, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned functional so that all relevant procedural/ legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service in a consistent manner.
- Provide executive leadership and stakeholders with key insights and feedback on various analyses in the form of reports, to facilitate informed decision-making and strategy formulation.
- Ensure that all divisional reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet ASYAD requirements, policies and quality standards.
COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIP:
- Chief Cluster Office.
- Marketing & Communication.
- OLC Program Directors.
- Cooperate Support.
- Cooperate Development.
- Cluster Operating Companies.
- Potential acquisition targets / partners for JVs.
- Government institutions.
- Private sector companie.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Engineering.
- Masters’ Degree in Business Administration, or any related subject is preferred.
- Professional qualification / certification from related professional body (e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst) is preferred.
- 10 - 12 years of relevant experience, including senior positions in business development and sales.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and influence without having formal managerial control
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Excellent commercial understanding and awareness
- Strong finance and analytical skills (incl. valuations)
- Good people development skills (management, coaching and mentoring)
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- General computer literacy (Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) mandatory
- Fluent English language is mandatory
- Arabic language is preferred
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes at email@example.com, no later than Sunday 17 February 2019.