To lead the identification, evaluation, recommendation and implementation of new business opportunities (Mergers and Acquisitions, New Companies and Joint Ventures) in fulfilment of ASYAD's sustainable corporate expansion objectives.
New Venture Strategic Execution
- Develop strategies to identify, evaluate, recommend and execute new business opportunities (including Mergers and Acquisitions, New Companies and Joint Ventures) and lead the division in implementing these efficiently and effectively, fulfilling ASYAD’s corporate expansion objectives.
- Participate in and lead all aspects of the New Ventures transaction processes including prospecting, valuation, negotiation, due diligence, legal agreements drafting and closing.
- Work closely with Cluster Leaders to collect and analyse market intelligence to establish targets and identify new opportunities based on ASYAD’s strategic goals.
- Collaborate with Cluster Leaders and other executives to vet opportunities based on their strategic and economic characteristics.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Shortlist M&A targets based on strategic fit, value creation potential and possible deal blockers.
- Work with cross-functional teams to conduct initial target profiling and develop transaction rationale and business plans.
- Manage and coordinate buy-side and sell-side due diligence processes with multi-disciplinary teams to enable ASYAD to execute transactions efficiently.
- Collaborate with ASYAD’s finance function to develop financial models to facilitate the evaluation of opportunities, clarify the key variables to the structuring of a successful transaction, prepare a financial valuation of the target, and secure the financing of the acquisition.
- Manage M&A deal flow by maintaining a pipeline, proactively contacting targets, evaluating deals sent to ASYAD, and building relationships with critical stakeholders to keep ASYAD top-of-mind in the marketplace.
- Collaborate and support the responsible Cluster Leader in all aspects of post-merger integration planning, including setup of integration team, value capture planning, setting synergy targets and developing a communication and change management plan and synergy capture plans.
New Companies and Partnerships
- Manage preliminary cost benefit analysis for each opportunity, assess risks, highlight areas requiring attention and select opportunities for detailed feasibility assessment.
- Define the New Company / Joint Venture concepts including service offerings, value propositions and brand positioning as well as value proposition for attracting potential partners.
- Assess and analyse the attractiveness of the market(s) that the venture seeks to enter, including the potential impact of market developments on current plans.
- Identify and assess market entry models, assess the capabilities of ASYAD to compete in the identified markets and identify capability gaps to be addressed.
- Prepare new opportunity business plans / proposals for approval by the Chief Corporate Development Officer, including risk assessment, risk mitigation plans, financial feasibility assessment, identified funding options and implementation plans.
- Lead the identification and shortlisting of partners as well as the negotiation of terms and conditions with selected partners prior to closing the transaction (e.g. articles of association in case of JV).
- Contribute towards defining the NewCo / working with partners to define the Joint Venture strategy and operating model and designing the NewCo / Joint Venture operating model and staffing requirements.
- Provide a level of oversight with regards to the management of the NewCo / Joint Venture until its transfer into a Cluster is complete.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Develop and lead the implementation of the divisional policies, systems, processes, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned functional so that all relevant procedural/ legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service in a consistent manner.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Provide executive leadership and stakeholders with key insights and feedback on various analyses in the form of reports, to facilitate informed decision-making and strategy formulation.
- Ensure that all divisional reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet ASYAD requirements, policies and quality standards.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Cluster Leaders (especially Ports & Zones and Freight)
- Planning and Control (within Finance)
- Risk Management (within Finance)
- Investment banks
- Private equity companies
- Strategy consulting firms
- Potential acquisition targets
- Potential partners for JVs
- Government institutions
- Private sector companies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Engineering
- Masters’ Degree in Business Administration, or any related subject is preferred
- Professional qualification / certification from related professional body (e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst) is preferred
- 10 - 12 years of relevant experience, including senior positions in investment banking, private equity or other M&A focused businesses
- Strong contacts in the global logistics and finance industries
- Prior experience in Middle East is preferred
- Strong knowledge of the transport and logistics industry
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and influence without having formal managerial control
(e.g. Cluster Leaders)
- Ability to effectively manage professional services firms used in the M&A process (e.g. investment banks, strategy consulting firms)
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Strong finance and analytical skills (incl. valuations)
- Good people development skills (management, coaching and mentoring)
- General computer literacy (Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) mandatory
- Fluent English language is mandatory
- Arabic language is preferred
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Sunday 17 February 2019.