ASYAD - 0049 - Vice President New Ventures
To lead the identification, evaluation, recommendation and implementation of new business opportunities (Mergers and Acquisitions, New Companies and Joint Ventures) in fulfilment of ASYAD's sustainable corporate expansion objectives.
New Venture Strategic Execution
- Develop strategies to identify, evaluate, recommend and execute new business opportunities (including Mergers and Acquisitions, New Companies and Joint Ventures) and lead the division in implementing these efficiently and effectively, fulfilling ASYAD’s corporate expansion objectives.
- Participate in and lead all aspects of the New Ventures transaction processes including prospecting, valuation, negotiation, due diligence, legal agreements drafting and closing.
- Work closely with Cluster Leaders to collect and analyse market intelligence to establish targets and identify new opportunities based on ASYAD’s strategic goals.
- Collaborate with Cluster Leaders and other executives to vet opportunities based on their strategic and economic characteristics.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Shortlist M&A targets based on strategic fit, value creation potential and possible deal blockers.
- Work with cross-functional teams to conduct initial target profiling and develop transaction rationale and business plans.
- Manage and coordinate buy-side and sell-side due diligence processes with multi-disciplinary teams to enable ASYAD to execute transactions efficiently.
- Collaborate with ASYAD’s finance function to develop financial models to facilitate the evaluation of opportunities, clarify the key variables to the structuring of a successful transaction, prepare a financial valuation of the target, and secure the financing of the acquisition.
- Manage M&A deal flow by maintaining a pipeline, proactively contacting targets, evaluating deals sent to ASYAD, and building relationships with critical stakeholders to keep ASYAD top-of-mind in the marketplace.
- Collaborate and support the responsible Cluster Leader in all aspects of post-merger integration planning, including setup of integration team, value capture planning, setting synergy targets and developing a communication and change management plan and synergy capture plans.
New Companies and Partnerships
- Manage preliminary cost benefit analysis for each opportunity, assess risks, highlight areas requiring attention and select opportunities for detailed feasibility assessment.
- Define the New Company / Joint Venture concepts including service offerings, value propositions and brand positioning as well as value proposition for attracting potential partners.
- Assess and analyse the attractiveness of the market(s) that the venture seeks to enter, including the potential impact of market developments on current plans.
- Identify and assess market entry models, assess the capabilities of ASYAD to compete in the identified markets and identify capability gaps to be addressed.
- Prepare new opportunity business plans / proposals for approval by the Chief Corporate Development Officer, including risk assessment, risk mitigation plans, financial feasibility assessment, identified funding options and implementation plans.
- Lead the identification and shortlisting of partners as well as the negotiation of terms and conditions with selected partners prior to closing the transaction (e.g. articles of association in case of JV).
- Contribute towards defining the NewCo / working with partners to define the Joint Venture strategy and operating model and designing the NewCo / Joint Venture operating model and staffing requirements.
- Provide a level of oversight with regards to the management of the NewCo / Joint Venture until its transfer into a Cluster is complete.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Develop and lead the implementation of the divisional policies, systems, processes, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned functional so that all relevant procedural/ legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service in a consistent manner.
- Provide executive leadership and stakeholders with key insights and feedback on various analyses in the form of reports, to facilitate informed decision-making and strategy formulation.
- Ensure that all divisional reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet ASYAD requirements, policies and quality standards.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Engineering
- Masters’ Degree in Business Administration, or any related subject is preferred
- Professional qualification / certification from related professional body (e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst) is preferred
- 10 - 12 years of relevant experience, including senior positions in investment banking, private equity or other M&A focused businesses
- Strong contacts in the global logistics and finance industries
- Prior experience in Middle East is preferred
- Strong knowledge of the transport and logistics industry
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and influence without having formal managerial control
(e.g. Cluster Leaders)
- Ability to effectively manage professional services firms used in the M&A process (e.g. investment banks, strategy consulting firms)
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Strong finance and analytical skills (incl. valuations)
- Good people development skills (management, coaching and mentoring)
- General computer literacy (Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) mandatory
- Fluent English language is mandatory
- Arabic language is preferred
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Sunday 17 February 2019.
Wilhelmsen Towell Co: Duqm
Visakh K. V Wilhelmsen Towell Co.(LLC) Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS) Mobile: +96896331408Read more
Oman Rail Company, part of Asyad Group, was founded to develop the national railway network. The network will connect Oman’s three deep-sea ports to the industrial, commercial, and residential areas, opening new trade corridors to boost the economic development in Oman and the GCC region.Read more
Port Sultan Qaboos
Port Sultan Qaboos (PSQ) is situated in the Gulf of Oman at the entrance to the Arabian Gulf. The port is 350 kilometers to the south of the Straits of Hormuz and close to main shipping routes connecting the Middle East with Africa, Asia and Europe.Read more
Clive Figueiredo Barwil Dubai (LLC) : Dubai
Clive Figueiredo Barwil Dubai (LLC) Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS)Read more
OMAN AND ETIHAD RAIL COMPANY INVITES LOCAL PRIVATE COMPANIES TO PREQUALIFICATION FOR OMAN-UAE RAILWAY
Oman-Etihad Rail Company (OERC) has invited local companies specialized in implementing infrastructure projects to submit prequalification bids to tender for the Oman-UAE railway network project by March 27, 2023Read more
ASYAD GROUP SHOWCASES INNOVATIVE SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVES AS OMAN SUSTAINABILITY WEEK’S STRATEGIC PARTNER
Asyad Group participated in Oman Sustainability Week (OSW) as a Strategic Partner of the Sultanate’s most prominent sustainability event which took place on March 12 to 16 at the Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre (OCEC).Read more
Investing in the future of Oman's Homegrown Talent ASYAD GROUP CELEBRATES GRADUATES OF DUQM INDUSTRIAL TRAINING INSTITUTE
As part of its ongoing efforts to qualify and train national cadres, Asyad Drydock, part of Asyad Group, celebrated the graduation of trainees from Duqm Industrial Training Institute (DITI) todayRead more
ASYAD GROUP CO HOSTS ITOSF MEETING FOCUSED ON CREW SAFETY AND WELLBEING
Asyad Group, represented by its shipping arm Asyad Shipping, cohosted the Informal Tanker Operators’ Safety Forum’s (ITOSF) 164th meeting, alongside NYK Group, on February 22 and 23 at the Kempinski Hotel, Muscat.Read more
REITERATING ITS STRATEGY TO PARTNER WITH THE PRIVATE SECTOR AS A KEY ENABLER IN THE GROUP’S GROWTH PLANS, Asyad Signs Partnership with GBM Oman to Develop All-New ERP System
Asyad Group has signed an agreement with Gulf Business Machines (GBM Oman), a leading Omani digital solutions provider, to develop an enterprise resource planning (ERP) systemRead more
ASYAD GROUP TO PRESENT ITS JOURNEY IN BUILDING A UNIFIED CULTURE AT THE 6TH ANNUAL OSHRM CONFERENCERead more
ASYAD GROUP INAUGURATES PHILEX PHARMACEUTICAL FACTORY AT ITS FREE ZONE IN SALALAH
Salalah Free Zone (SFZ), part of Asyad Group, announced the inauguration of Phase I of Phelix Pharmaceutical’s new factory on 25th January 2022.Read more
ASYAD GROUP SIGNS DEAL FOR TWO STATE-OF-THE-ART LNG CARRIERS BOLSTERING ITS FLEET TO MEET GROWING GLOBAL ENERGY DEMAND
Asyad Shipping, part of Asyad Group Oman’s global integrated logistics service provider, signed an agreement with Korean first-class shipyard Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries to build and deliver two state-of-the-art 5th generation liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers in 2026.Read more
ASYAD SHIPPING SIGNS DEAL FOR TWO STATE-OF-THE-ART LNG CARRIERS BOLSTERING ITS FLEET TO MEET GROWING GLOBAL ENERGY DEMAND
Asyad Shipping, part of Asyad Group Oman’s global integrated logistics service provider, signed an agreement with Korean first-class shipyard Hyundai SamhoRead more
Demonstrating its Global Leadership ASYAD GROUP LAUNCHES "DATA LAKE" TO PROMOTE DATA-DRIVEN COMPETITIVENESS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH NATIONAL STARTUPS
Asyad Group launched Data Lake as its latest digital ecosystem project that falls within its strategy to equip Asyad with empirical insights on current and future operational, markets and customer trends.Read more
ASYAD GROUP JOINS WORLD LEADERS AT REUTERS NEXT AS A TRADE PARTNER TO SHAPE A ROBUST FUTURE FOR LOGISTICS
As a Trade Partner of the global event, Asyad Group will take part in the highly anticipated Reuters NEXT global leadership summit to be held on November 30 and January 1, 2022, in New York.Read more
ASYAD SHIPPING NAMED SHIP MANAGER OF THE YEAR AT THE 2022 MARITIME STANDARD AWARDS
Asyad Shipping, the shipping arm of Asyad Group, won the Ship Manager of the Year award for 2022 at the ninth edition of The Maritime Standard Awards in Dubai, UAE.Read more
ASYAD GROUP SIGNS MOU WITH TANZANIA POST TO SET UP MULTIMODAL LOGISTICS PARK: E-COMMERCE HUB IN DAR ES SALAAM WITH AN EYE ON EAST AFRICA
Asyad Group signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Tanzania Post to explore the potential of a multimodal logistics business park and e-commerce hub in Dar es Salaam.Read more
Cementing Its Global Footprint, Asyad Group Announces Khazaen Dry Port As a ‘Port of Call’ for Global Shipping Lines, Offering Private Sector Quicker Access to Global Markets
In line with Asyad’s role to facilitate trade and support local merchants to do business efficiently, Khazaen Dry Port (KDP), established in partnership between Asyad and private sectorRead more
MWASALAT BAGS THE COVETED ROSPA INTERNATIONAL ACCREDITATION
Mwasalat Training Institute, a member of Asyad Group, received international accreditation by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) (UK), to offer level 2 defensive driving training as part of its programs.Read more
IN A HISTORIC VISIT OF PRESIDENT OF ZANZIBAR TO ASYAD GROUP’S PORT AND FREEZONE IN SOHAR ASYAD’S STORY OF LOGISTICS EXCELLENCE RETOLD
The President of Zanzibar, His Excellency Dr. Hussain Ali Mwinyi, together with his presidential delegation visited Asyad Group at Sohar Port and Freezone.Read more
OMAN POST RELEASES ITS FIRST-EVER JOINT STAMP WITH TANZANIA POST
Oman Post, part of Asyad Group, launched a Joint Stamp Issue with Tanzania Posts Corporation that commemorates the long-standing historical...Read more