Contribute to improving the trade logistics business environment of Oman in order to achieve the objectives as set out by the National Logistics Strategy 2040. The Strategist work as part of the OGLG Strategy Team instructed by the Programme Manager, the purpose of this team is summarized as:
- Implementing trade facilitation measures through simplifying, standardizing and harmonizing trade documents and procedures
- Assessing technical barriers to trade, designing and implementing remedial actions for improvement including technical assistance for the private and public sectors
- Improving border crossing procedures in Oman
- Improving related Government policies and market access opportunities
- Liberalizing administrative procedures related to trade and logistics
- Promoting expansion of exchanges in international trade and logistics.
Principal duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
QHSE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities:
- Drive the implementation of trade and transport facilitation instruments in Oman
- Assist the re-engineering of Government processes related to trade and logistics
- Build Government-Business partnerships and provide technical assistance to trading communities and logistics service providers to enhance trade logistics value chains
- Contribute to defining Trade Facilitation objectives and set key performance metrics;
- Conduct field research, stakeholder interviews, dialogue sessions with key stakeholders
- Make use of modern trade and transport facilitation methods enhance trade logistics processes in both private and public sectors
- Assist Customs and other Government agencies in conducting effective risk management and other good international practices in conditioning logistics flows
- Contribute to the development of trade facilitation KPIs aligned with the International standards
- Conduct seminars, training, and workshops at the National & Regional level on Trade Facilitation, Risk Management and Post Clearance Auditing and other trade facilitation related matters
- Maintain a professional working relationship with Stakeholders
- Adhere to Company’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Exercises a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions, and promote the same within their area of responsibility
- Ensures ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimize the generation of waste
- Promotes a good QHSE and Information Security culture in the Trade Facilitation and with Company peers.
Barriers in trade and logistics are often caused by complex sets of underlying factors that depend on multiple private and public stakeholders. Successful conduct of trade facilitation activities depends on effective advocacy in sometimes demanding circumstances. Improvements and reforms often face resistance, which is a human reaction to any situation where a change is required. These challenges can be alleviated by effective exchange of information, stakeholder engagement and dialogue.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a discipline relevant to Business Management, International trade or transport facilitation.
- Supply Chain Management, Trade or logistics related vocational training will be considered an advantage.
Minimum 3 years
of working skills in a field relevant to trade and transport facilitation.
- Good knowledge of trade and transport processes in Oman. Such international knowledge will be considered as an advantage
- Familiarity with major international conventions and principles of trade and transport facilitation such as those of the WCO and WTO
- High level of self-motivation, self-confidence, determination and ability to work independently
- Able to successfully deliver expected outcomes within a limited timeframe
- Able to work to deadlines under pressure, and the willingness to work extra hours when needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - a team player who inspires others
- Demonstrated ability of setting priorities and achieving agreed results
- Ability to think strategically and consider the "wider picture" with a focus on the mid-long term goals of the organisation
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic is essential. Demonstrated advanced writing skills in English will be considered as an advantage.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes at email@example.com, no later than Sunday 17 February 2019.