To utilize audit objectives and procedures to review and assess technical areas and risks and to submit audit report that improve the adequacy and application of related internal controls and risk levels. The focus of the Technical Auditor is to Audit Technical department that includes but not limited to technical, marine, safety, crewing, operations and special tasks given by the Management.
- Provide the required inputs in the development of risk based audit plan and risk assessment.
- Build relationships with auditee leaders/Managers across the organization to understand the issues.
- Manage full Technical and related assignments.
- Challenge and propose to the Manager – IA any inaccurate risk ratings of the Company and business risks and any potential important risks.
- Support and Advise the IA team from technical point of view.
- Interact with all level of Management and assist Manager-IA.
- Develop, review program, Audit, Analyses and report all technical risks audit assignments that allow efficient coverage of the audited area/risks in accordance with the international audit standards and Shipping standards and get Manager - Internal Audit approval.
- Follow up Audit observations till they are closed.
- Recommending internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies.
- Undertakes investigations, other duties and assignments as requested by the Manager-IA.
- Discuss with the auditee the risk ratings, related documents/processes and control issues.
- Develop a thorough understanding and knowledge base of Company’s strategic and business risks.
- Maintain a broad audit experience and the ability to interact with management at all levels.
- Establish effective business relationships within the company and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles.
- Maintain excellent skills as well as strong knowledge of international best practices in Shipping as well as in Audit.
- Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices as always considered.
- Performed all assigned audit duties in manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Submit an added value audit report with recommendations for the Manager - IA and then to the auditee.
- Present the audit report for the management and audit committee when directed by Manager-IA.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with at least 3 years as Sr. Internal Auditor/Lead Auditor
- 4 years Technical Auditing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to develop plans and write reports.
- Very good analytical and interpretive skills.
- Good judgment and a sense of materiality.
- Negotiation skills.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Sunday 17 February 2019.