ASYAD - 0032 - Marketing Director
The position of Marketing Manager is responsible to manage day-to-day marketing programmes and activities so that they meet the ASYAD's short and long-term business objectives, comply with regulations and standards, and protect the organization's public reputation.
- Develop an annual marketing plan in conjunction with the other related department. This should detail theyear’s activity to meet agreed company objectives.
- Develop and implement marketing plans to meet established targets.
- Contribute to business planning at the executive level to develop a marketing strategy consistent with the Asyad overall mission, vision and objectives.
- Define advertising objectives, recommend choice of media and allocate resources so advertising campaigns are effective, economical and appropriate for intended audience. Select and manage ongoing relationships with vendors.
- Adjust marketing strategy and plans to meet changing markets and competitive conditions.
- Liaise with other managers to ensure marketing activities are integrated with other parts of the business and align with the overall corporate objectives. Lead, direct, evaluate and develop a team of marketing professionals.
- Achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage across all available media.
- Conduct market research and competitive brand positions / benchmarking
- Review & incorporate marketing requirements from senior management
- Identify marketing requirements for external stakeholders
- Develop a budget for corporate marketing
- Develop media buying plan to achieve marketing objectives
- Manage media agencies in content development for traditional and digital media in line with media brief
- Manage execution of marketing events in line with the strategy
- Monitor execution of marketing & communication activities as per individual plans
- To build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Develop ASYAD branding strategy, by:
- Identifying target segments for branding (e.g. customers, investors, partners, operating companies, etc.)
- Analysing ASYAD current brand perceptions, e.g. through interviews and focus groups
- Researching the brand positioning of major competitors and peers of ASYAD
- Developing the imperatives/objectives ASYAD future positioning/branding
- Formulating the branding strategy
- Design brand applications for on-screen and offline use, from .ppt templates to coffee mugs
- Develop and maintain a branding guidelines document, to ensure consistent implementation of ASYAD brand identity across the companies of the Group
- Monitor the implementation of the branding strategy, and measure its effectiveness and impact based on defined criteria and measurement methods
- In case of using external support for the above (e.g. from a branding agency), lead the definition of ASYAD requirements, the technical evaluation of the bidders, and the management of the selected provider
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any related subject
- Post-graduate degree in business, marketing is preferred
- Professional qualification / certification from a relevant professional body is preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant marketing experience
- Good knowledge of transport and logistics industry is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Strong project management skills (including change management)
- Strong people development skills (management, coaching and mentoring)
- General computer literacy (Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) mandatory
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Experience in managing external vendors (e.g. event management companies, advertising companies, graphic designers, etc.), or working for such companies, is mandatory
- Fluent English language is mandatory
- Fluent Arabic language is preferred
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes at email@example.com, no later than Sunday 17 February 2019.
Wilhelmsen Towell Co: Duqm
Visakh K. V Wilhelmsen Towell Co.(LLC) Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS) Mobile: +96896331408Read more
Oman Rail Company, part of Asyad Group, was founded to develop the national railway network. The network will connect Oman’s three deep-sea ports to the industrial, commercial, and residential areas, opening new trade corridors to boost the economic development in Oman and the GCC region.Read more
Port Sultan Qaboos
Port Sultan Qaboos (PSQ) is situated in the Gulf of Oman at the entrance to the Arabian Gulf. The port is 350 kilometers to the south of the Straits of Hormuz and close to main shipping routes connecting the Middle East with Africa, Asia and Europe.Read more
Clive Figueiredo Barwil Dubai (LLC) : Dubai
Clive Figueiredo Barwil Dubai (LLC) Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS)Read more
OMAN AND ETIHAD RAIL COMPANY INVITES LOCAL PRIVATE COMPANIES TO PREQUALIFICATION FOR OMAN-UAE RAILWAY
Oman-Etihad Rail Company (OERC) has invited local companies specialized in implementing infrastructure projects to submit prequalification bids to tender for the Oman-UAE railway network project by March 27, 2023Read more
ASYAD GROUP SHOWCASES INNOVATIVE SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVES AS OMAN SUSTAINABILITY WEEK’S STRATEGIC PARTNER
Asyad Group participated in Oman Sustainability Week (OSW) as a Strategic Partner of the Sultanate’s most prominent sustainability event which took place on March 12 to 16 at the Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre (OCEC).Read more
Investing in the future of Oman's Homegrown Talent ASYAD GROUP CELEBRATES GRADUATES OF DUQM INDUSTRIAL TRAINING INSTITUTE
As part of its ongoing efforts to qualify and train national cadres, Asyad Drydock, part of Asyad Group, celebrated the graduation of trainees from Duqm Industrial Training Institute (DITI) todayRead more
ASYAD GROUP CO HOSTS ITOSF MEETING FOCUSED ON CREW SAFETY AND WELLBEING
Asyad Group, represented by its shipping arm Asyad Shipping, cohosted the Informal Tanker Operators’ Safety Forum’s (ITOSF) 164th meeting, alongside NYK Group, on February 22 and 23 at the Kempinski Hotel, Muscat.Read more
REITERATING ITS STRATEGY TO PARTNER WITH THE PRIVATE SECTOR AS A KEY ENABLER IN THE GROUP’S GROWTH PLANS, Asyad Signs Partnership with GBM Oman to Develop All-New ERP System
Asyad Group has signed an agreement with Gulf Business Machines (GBM Oman), a leading Omani digital solutions provider, to develop an enterprise resource planning (ERP) systemRead more
ASYAD GROUP TO PRESENT ITS JOURNEY IN BUILDING A UNIFIED CULTURE AT THE 6TH ANNUAL OSHRM CONFERENCERead more
ASYAD GROUP INAUGURATES PHILEX PHARMACEUTICAL FACTORY AT ITS FREE ZONE IN SALALAH
Salalah Free Zone (SFZ), part of Asyad Group, announced the inauguration of Phase I of Phelix Pharmaceutical’s new factory on 25th January 2022.Read more
ASYAD GROUP SIGNS DEAL FOR TWO STATE-OF-THE-ART LNG CARRIERS BOLSTERING ITS FLEET TO MEET GROWING GLOBAL ENERGY DEMAND
Asyad Shipping, part of Asyad Group Oman’s global integrated logistics service provider, signed an agreement with Korean first-class shipyard Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries to build and deliver two state-of-the-art 5th generation liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers in 2026.Read more
ASYAD SHIPPING SIGNS DEAL FOR TWO STATE-OF-THE-ART LNG CARRIERS BOLSTERING ITS FLEET TO MEET GROWING GLOBAL ENERGY DEMAND
Asyad Shipping, part of Asyad Group Oman’s global integrated logistics service provider, signed an agreement with Korean first-class shipyard Hyundai SamhoRead more
Demonstrating its Global Leadership ASYAD GROUP LAUNCHES "DATA LAKE" TO PROMOTE DATA-DRIVEN COMPETITIVENESS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH NATIONAL STARTUPS
Asyad Group launched Data Lake as its latest digital ecosystem project that falls within its strategy to equip Asyad with empirical insights on current and future operational, markets and customer trends.Read more
ASYAD GROUP JOINS WORLD LEADERS AT REUTERS NEXT AS A TRADE PARTNER TO SHAPE A ROBUST FUTURE FOR LOGISTICS
As a Trade Partner of the global event, Asyad Group will take part in the highly anticipated Reuters NEXT global leadership summit to be held on November 30 and January 1, 2022, in New York.Read more
ASYAD SHIPPING NAMED SHIP MANAGER OF THE YEAR AT THE 2022 MARITIME STANDARD AWARDS
Asyad Shipping, the shipping arm of Asyad Group, won the Ship Manager of the Year award for 2022 at the ninth edition of The Maritime Standard Awards in Dubai, UAE.Read more
ASYAD GROUP SIGNS MOU WITH TANZANIA POST TO SET UP MULTIMODAL LOGISTICS PARK: E-COMMERCE HUB IN DAR ES SALAAM WITH AN EYE ON EAST AFRICA
Asyad Group signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Tanzania Post to explore the potential of a multimodal logistics business park and e-commerce hub in Dar es Salaam.Read more
Cementing Its Global Footprint, Asyad Group Announces Khazaen Dry Port As a ‘Port of Call’ for Global Shipping Lines, Offering Private Sector Quicker Access to Global Markets
In line with Asyad’s role to facilitate trade and support local merchants to do business efficiently, Khazaen Dry Port (KDP), established in partnership between Asyad and private sectorRead more
MWASALAT BAGS THE COVETED ROSPA INTERNATIONAL ACCREDITATION
Mwasalat Training Institute, a member of Asyad Group, received international accreditation by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) (UK), to offer level 2 defensive driving training as part of its programs.Read more
IN A HISTORIC VISIT OF PRESIDENT OF ZANZIBAR TO ASYAD GROUP’S PORT AND FREEZONE IN SOHAR ASYAD’S STORY OF LOGISTICS EXCELLENCE RETOLD
The President of Zanzibar, His Excellency Dr. Hussain Ali Mwinyi, together with his presidential delegation visited Asyad Group at Sohar Port and Freezone.Read more
OMAN POST RELEASES ITS FIRST-EVER JOINT STAMP WITH TANZANIA POST
Oman Post, part of Asyad Group, launched a Joint Stamp Issue with Tanzania Posts Corporation that commemorates the long-standing historical...Read more